Here’s your quick guide on how to book events for Festival week:
Table Top Sale at St. Andrews on Saturday 13th
Ring 01223 245949 or 527155 to book your table for £10 (concessions available)
Village Produce Show
The Children’s produce show entry form can be downloaded here or pick up a copy from the Library. Don’t worry if you haven’t grown anything you can still enter for the best home-made scarecrow (bookcharacter), produce a garden on a plate (28cm max), arrange flowers in a jam jar or make an animal sculpture from fruit and vegetables. Entries (free) must be made by midnight on Wednesday 10th September.
Turbo Trust Duck Race
Buy your ducks at Cherry Hinton Library, Village Centre or come to the Village Produce Show on Saturday 13th to decorate a duck. Price: £1.50 a duck or 4 for £5.
History talk, craft party, quiz night
Ring Festival Bookings 01223 210724 to buy tickets for
- “Getting into Europe 1940 – 44” – talk by Michael Bowyer on Monday 15th September at 2.30pm at St. Andrews Church Centre. Price £5 includes light refreshments.
- Craft Party on Tuesday 16th September from 6.15pm to 8.30pm (last entry 8.00pm) at Colville Primary School. Price £3, under 16’s £1 includes light refreshments.
- Reserve quiz tables if you have organised your team (max 6 members) for the Festival Quiz on Friday 19th September at 7.30pm Price £5, £3 under 16’s.
Tickets will also be sold on the door for all these events
Bat walk, author talk, Friday Friends
- Bat Walk Monday 15th September at 7.30pm. To book call 01954 713530 or email
- An Evening with Author Nicola Upson on Wednesday 17th at 7.00pm. To book call 0345 045 5225 or call in person at Cherry Hinton Library.
- Friday Friends Harvest Lunch for senior citizens on Friday 19th September at 12.45pm. To book please email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 01223 561139 or put a note through the door of 95 High Street by Wednesday 17th September.